Your web app’s user interface (UI) is the first thing that users will see and interact with, so it’s important to make a good impression. A well-designed web app UI design can help you attract and retain users, and even increase conversions. Here are 10 things to consider when designing a high-converting web app UI...
If you’re about to start a new business website, or refresh an old website design, then these web design tips will help the success of your project.
If you don’t have a website yet – or if your current website has old content or no longer reflects your business goals – you could risk turning away customers and that means you may be losing sales.
Successful Website Design Tips
1. Your website users should be able to find what they are looking for quickly and easily. Your website design should be clean, simple and functional with relevant content.
2. Check out your online competition. It’s important to see what they’re up to and this will enable you to elevate your site above your competitors. Always keep a good eye on what your competitors are doing, look for changes in the market, new technologies or interesting ways of dealing with common problems in your industry. Sometimes you’ll find the top few companies in a vertical market will try and pull in new customers by trying to outdo each other and make their sites more useful to their customers.
3. Do you know your target audience and do you listen to them? Review customer information from your CRM system to work out who your customers are. Ask them what they want from your website. They’re the ones that use it every day and they’ll also have used your competitors websites, trust what they have to say and look out for patterns of features that they might request. If the same feature comes up again and again and you don’t have it on your website then it may be time to add it.
4. Make sure your brand personality comes across on your website. Make your website sell your brand by designing it correctly and using the proper colours and images – get a good web designer to do this, its the most important thing you’ll do with your website. Without a professional web design studio on board who can ask the right questions and challenge what you think you know, you won’t be able to make the best out of your website.
5. Make sure you have a budget for your time and your money and invest early on in making the project a success by talking to the right web design company as early on in the project as possible.
If you have a new web design project in the Canterbury or wider Kent and South East area and would like to talk to a web design studio that can make your project a success then call kc web design, Canterbury on 01227 860815 for an informal chat.