Your web app’s user interface (UI) is the first thing that users will see and interact with, so it’s important to make a good impression. A well-designed web app UI design can help you attract and retain users, and even increase conversions. Here are 10 things to consider when designing a high-converting web app UI...
At kc web design Kent we use WordPress a lot. We use WordPress for simple web design projects, e-commerce web design projects and even large business website design projects. It’s flexible, easy to theme and great to work with the guts of it and the admin interface is easy to customise and for our clients to learn. This is why 20% of the internets’ websites are now powered by WordPress – that’s millions of website designs all using the same system!
As web designers at kc web design Kent we know the value of creating a unique design for our clients websites, especially when we use WordPress because there are so many themes available. Most of our clients commission us to create unique themes designed around their particular brand but some of our smaller clients have sometimes seen themes they like that they want customised. There are some great premium themes around and the quality of these themes is amazing. There are also some really good framework style themes around for building your designs onto but many of them can be overly complicated, difficult to customise and change and often not well commented for beginner web designers to learn from.
WordPress themes for web designers
At kc web design Kent we’re in the process of creating our own WordPress theme framework and we will soon be releasing ‘WordPress themes for web designers’. These premium themes will be designed by web designers, for web designers and will give you everything you need to build your design onto. They’ll be easy to customise, have everything you need already added and working, be commented and documented so you know what everything does and how to change it. The themes will also come in a series of different layouts for the most popular website types along with some more unique website layouts. Wordpress themes for web designers will use the Zurb Foundation framework and be fully responsive. Here’s a list of features we’ll be adding to our starter themes over the next few weeks…
- Simple, elegant themes. No mess, no fluff, just easy to use and build your own design onto.
- Built on the Foundation framework
- Fully responsive
- Easy to build onto and edit
- No messy, multiple CSS files to wade through to find styles to change. Just one simple fully commented CSS file.
- No huge theme options panel. You’re a designer right, you don’t need those!
- Easy to use custom post types for specialised content management
- Language ready for easy translation
- Google Font ready with nice typography
- Icon font ready
- IE6 minimal styles
- List of recommended plugins and security measures
- Fully documented functions.php file so you know exactly what each bit does and how to change or add sections such as custom post types
If you’re interested in Wordpress themes for web designers then contact kc web design Kent and let us know what else you’d need or if you want us to notify you when the themes launch.